Money, Money, Money
Cash, cheque, credit card, debit card, exchange of goods, services provided, travellers’ cheques….
1. Answer the following questions
1. How old are you when you begin to receive a pension?
2. How often do you get pocket-money?
3. Who might get a scholarship?
4. How much do you leave as a tip when you eat out?
5. When did you last have to pay a fine?
6. Are you always brave enough to ask for a refund?
7. How many different ways are there to pay for buying something? (My prompt cash, cheque, credit card, debit card, exchange of goods, services provided, travellers’ cheques)
8. What do you use to pay for a house?
9. What’s the difference between gross salary and net salary?
10. Why would you pay rent?
2. How would you feel in the following situations?
Happy? Sad? Angry?
1. You get a letter of the bank manager saying you were overdrawn?
2. You were totally broke?
3. Someone wanted to pay you next to nothing for your car?
4. You needed to go to a pawn shop?
5. You found a good bargain at the local book store?
6. You lost a bundle and found small change?
7. You were hard up?
8. Your local restaurant overcharged you?
9. You couldn’t get by on your salary?
10. You were given a pay rise by your boss?